Things to do and see in and around the Bay of Plenty in New Zealand.
Or go back to the main New Zealand index.
- Mount Maunganui: https://goo.gl/maps/crkegvtJmAD65gZ97
- Main Beach: https://goo.gl/maps/BiDtjugcFHKTQdN3A
- Moturiki Island: https://goo.gl/maps/pkZaBz12ThgTfg9w7
- Mount Drury (Hopukiore): https://goo.gl/maps/9cJ1rcMN2BvLcBwc6
- Pilot Bay Beach: https://goo.gl/maps/9SSeMaZBHRyYjTyc9
- Astrolabe Brewbar: https://goo.gl/maps/fr3wVyTgcpfLeCBV6
- The General: https://goo.gl/maps/tqwsotCExZy5Yu2b9
- Hide Thirst and Hunger: https://goo.gl/maps/sjAEZP1K39SQgWXQ8
- The Rabbit Hole Cafe: https://goo.gl/maps/njagXgtCQRadf7Va7
- Latitude 37: https://goo.gl/maps/Gbc27ScYkoAQnuq59
- Omawana Falls: https://goo.gl/maps/ZPM2VrtmYg2dFShL7
- Ōhope Beach: https://goo.gl/maps/Pp5VLnJHHHhh83DSA
- Kohi Point Scenic Track: https://goo.gl/maps/gjAkfTfoVLmtojxh7
- Excellent walk at the end (or start?) of Ōhope Beach that goes up and over a cliff and down to a secluded beach that is only a good idea to go to when it’s not high tide. Takes you to Otarawairere Bay.
- Ōhope Lookout: https://goo.gl/maps/J3jkf15cofNEQqnY9
- Ōhope Habourside Trail: https://goo.gl/maps/ZytmV5jzq4cV8ZWD7
- Port Ōhope General Store: https://goo.gl/maps/nsujvdqtp9xvbVq38
- Fisherman’s Wharf Cafe: https://goo.gl/maps/FZA21FsmvyEPgM3Y7
- Port Ohope Dock/Pier: https://goo.gl/maps/WRbttdt4CQDPaZYm7
- Excellent place to fish or jump off the pier and swim for a bit! Lots of fun.
- Maraetotara Reserve: https://goo.gl/maps/ZesGbibHgaVkXhhK8
- Cadera: https://goo.gl/maps/EAgELyvDEbqNChSu8
- Pakowhai Ki Otutaopuku Bridge / Dunes Trail: https://goo.gl/maps/EoDKYbCREx29sD5i7
- This is a suspension footbridge and walking trail. I met a man and a child who were jumping off the bridge, swimming to shore, and jumping again, and I decided to join them. The water was very deep, but you should always be cautious when doing something potentially dangerous.
- Waiōtahi Beach: https://goo.gl/maps/p6gy4ur2qctmKLvc6
- Whakatāne Heads: https://goo.gl/maps/WXDAdy7MyWFmFPVp7
- Muriwai’s Cave: https://goo.gl/maps/XiMEpSyN6QE7vEez5
Whakaari (White Island)
We had the privilege to take a 2+ hour boat ride to this volcano and explore it a bit, but as it recently erupted and tragically claimed and ruined lives, you will probably be unable to go there. If you for some reason make your way to the island, be aware that you might die and might put others in harm’s way. https://goo.gl/maps/PqioMumDyeUqYJyS7
- Sulphur Point: https://goo.gl/maps/q5CH4oqYZHdKMb4o7
- Polynesian Spa: https://goo.gl/maps/YLcJgKHHcxt1nnHH9
- Redwoods Treewalk: https://g.page/treewalknz?share
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park: https://g.page/RainbowSprings?share
- Tamaki Maori Village: https://g.page/tamakimaorivillage?share
- Blue Spring Putaruru: https://goo.gl/maps/mg8XgKB5xg3gbU6V7
- Technically in Waikato, but it’s pretty close to Rotorua